As winter approaches, the opportunities to stay at home multiply. Between the time spent in front of the TV or the computer and that devoted to household chores, there are times when boredom sets in. To face the blues of the end of summer and stop being bored, nothing better than a DIY occupying the mind and the hands. Crafts Ideas for adults are a great way to boost your creativity while making unique creations with your own hands. Besides being a rewarding activity, crafts are also perfect for the household budget and lotus flower drawing.
Different Crafts Ideas to make things
Personalized Luggage Tag for Traveling in Style
- A faux leather coupon
- A pair of sharp scissors
- Leather paint, brush
- Metal stamps with engraving numbers and letters with a handle, mallet
- An elastic
Steps to follow:
- Cut out the label from the leather coupon using a pair of sharp scissors. Use a cup or glass to outline the circle on the back of the leather.
- Mark the leather. Start by lightly moistening the part to be engraved with a sponge. To make sure the letters and numbers line up correctly, mark their locations with masking tape. Check to see if the pads are the right way round. Engrave the leather by hitting the stamps with the mallet.
- Paint the lower part of the label with the desired color.
- Make a hole in your label and pass the elastic through it. Spice up your creation with a colorful pompom.
Decorative Resin Paperweight with included Maple Leaves
- Small, dry maple leaves
- Glue varnish
- Dome-shaped polypropylene mold (8 cm diameter)
- A flake of mold release and conditioning agent
- Epoxy resin
- A mixing bowl
Steps to follow:
- Pick up the leaves a few weeks in advance. Place them between two sheets of kitchen paper. Then put them within the leaves of a novel.
- Once the leaves are dry, place them on baking paper. Coat the sheets with a layer of glue varnish. Let dry before turning them over.
- Prepare the mixture of resin and hardener according to the manufacturer’s precise instructions. Work in a well-ventilated space using protecting mitts. Pour the resin and the hardener into a measuring cup, respecting the recommended dosage. Mix everything well for 2 minutes with a wooden rod. Transfer the mixture to another scoop and continue stirring with a clean rod for another minute.
- Diffuse the center of the image with a mold release agent. Fill a little less than half of the mold with resin glue. Cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Remove air bubbles by using a kitchen torch or blowing on them with a straw. Let harden for 3 hours.
- Carefully place the first sheet to be included on the resin. Let sit for 6 to 8 hours.
- Casting of the second layer of resin. Prepare another dose of the glue, this time mixing 30 ml of resin with 30 ml of hardener. Pour the epoxy resin on the first layer. Prick any air bubbles with a toothpick if necessary. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. Gently lay the other two sheets flat to avoid air bubbles.
- Wait another 2 hours before depositing the last sheet. It is also the time to adjust the location of the leaves with a toothpick.
- Pour a final layer of resin over it. When preparing the mixture, put a drop of opaque coloring pigment.
- Let sit and harden entirely for 24 hours before unmolding the paperweight. This is quite lengthy process but it one of the best crafts ideas from all.
Teabags made with Coffee
- A coffee filter
- Sewing thread, a needle, a thread for the cord
- Colorful card stock
- Glue, a pair of scissors, a stapler
- Loose tea
Bohemian Chic Accent with Wall Hanging
- Round mirror about 70 in diameter
- Balls of wool of different colors and thicknesses
- A square wooden stick
- A pair of scissors
- Wood glue
- Textile glue
- A pliers
- Cut 180 cm strands of wool.
- Tie the strands of yarn around the stick. Decide on the preferred pattern and density. Apply textile glue to secure the strands of wool.
- Lay the mirror face down and attach the wooden stick to its back using wood glue.
- Tighten both ends of the stick with pliers, let the glue dry for about fifteen minutes.
- Make a few woolen pompoms.
- Hang the mirror on the surface and decorate the hanging with the pompoms.
- Cut the tips to obtain the desired shape.
Colorful Confetti Soap to give as a lovely Personalized Gift
- Transparent moldable glycerin soap
- White moldable glycerin soap
- Shapes for molding soap
- A bottle of isopropanol spray
- A knife, a measuring glass cup, a spoon
Steps to Follow:
- Start by cutting the transparent soap into cubes of about 1.5 cm.
- In a measuring cup, mix a handful of transparent soap cubes with a small amount of colored soap previously in one of the desired colors.
- Add a few cubes of white soap to it. Melt everything in the microwave.
- Mix well, then fill one of the molds.
- Repeat this step as many times as necessary for each color of your “confetti.”
We hope you liked our crafts ideas as it is the best creativity for children as well as for any group of people. You will definitely enjoy by making these things by your own and gift them to your loved ones.