QuickBooks, being one of the great software works wonder for any business. It has proven to be effective in accounting, reporting, bookkeeping, tax preparation, and lots more. Right from data organization, business automation to providing optimal solutions, this software plays a major role in making an accounting process an ease. But, on above of all that one of the major disadvantages is the unrecoverable error that can bother you while using the software.
This unrecoverable error is a very common error that happens most of the time while opening, saving, or printing the QB company file. It comes up with 10 digits showing 5 digits space 5 digits (XXXXX XXXXX).
Every error comes with its solution, and so is the QuickBooks unrecoverable error. Listed below are the 7 ways on how to fix this Error:
Fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error like a Pro with 7 Ways
1. Restrict QB from opening the Windows in Start-up
Using this step is the easiest way to get rid of QuickBooks’ unrecoverable errors. This can be done in the following ways
- Open the QB service application simply by double-clicking while pressing the Alt key.
- Now enter the password in the space provided by releasing the Alt key.
- Click OK
- As soon as the application launches, press the alt key
- Release it now
- As soon as the application launches make sure that before you exit close all windows from the application.
2. Opening of Sample Company File
Opening and creating a sample company in QB ensure that whether your file is corrupted or QB application. If your sample file gets open means there is a problem in your company file. And if it doesn’t mean there is an appliance problem.
- Double click the QB application by pressing the CTRL key
- Click the CTRL button till the application reflects with ‘No Company Exposed”
- As soon as it appears, click on ‘open a testing file’
- Different sample files get displayed
- Choose any one among those sample files and open it
- If the application asks you to update the operation, click OK
- If the sample file opens without any error, it means the company file showing the error might have corrupted
3. Copying of Company File to Desktop
The chances of fixing the error ares high when you change the company’s file location. Owing to the storage path limitations of your files, the success rate gets high. However, in order to achieve it, follow below steps:
- Open the company file and select the locate option. This allows to find the QBW file that is required to be copied and pasted.
- After locating, copy and paste the same file on the Desktop.
- Now press the ctrl key till the application shows ‘No company open’ and launch the QB
- Now click on the open button and browse for the file that is copied on Desktop
- Once browsed, click open
4. Auto Data Recovery Usage
This option can be used to restore company file
5. Troubleshooting of QB Application
- But what if all the steps mentioned above don’t give a positive outcome? Don’t worry, with this step you are sure to hit the result:
- In order to re-register QB in Desktop Windows, run or reboot.exe
- You can opt for manual repair of the Microsoft.NET file framework
- This will help you to perform a clean QuickBooks reinstall.
- Now, rum QuickBooks Component Repair Too to repair all damaged files and components
6. Software Updating
This sounds to be least important, but this can be one of the major reasons for your error. Make sure to check the software version, as the older ones are highly prone to caught errors. So, it is advisable to upgrade the software and use the newer version. Following are the steps:
- While using software press ctrl
- Next Help and then update QB
- Choose update now
- Click New Features
- Click on Get Updates
- After updating, exit the application
7. Usage of professional repair software
If none of the above methods works, this is a clear indication that the QuickBooks file has been corrupted. Hence, you are required with professional repair software to fix it. At the same time problem in the hosting environment can also be one of the causes.
Listed above are a few ways that will help you make a PRO. Follow these steps and ensure that you are ready to fix QuickBooks Unrecoverable error.
Also Read: Fix QuickBooks Error Code OL-222