In this guide, you will learn how to restore the default settings or reset Linksys extender. Before you begin; you may need to keep a few things in mind:
- You must know the Linksys extender’s current Wi-Fi network SSID and Passkey.
- All the devices connected to the Linksys extender will go offline.
- The settings that you have configured will get back to default.
Reasons For Resetting Linksys Range Extender
If your Linksys extender isn’t speedy as it should even after completing the Linksys extender setup or you are facing some kinds of issues then you should consider resetting the device. You can improve the performance and resolve the issues by resetting your Linksys extender back to its original default settings.
Another reason due to which you should consider performing a reset process is a lost or forgotten login password. If you don’t remember the login password of your device then there’s no other way to access the Linksys extender setup page. Once you reset the Linksys extender, you will be allowed to log in with the help of the default login credentials.
Methods For Resetting The Linksys Extender
Therefore, to tackle the problems with your Linksys extender, you should continue reading this guide. We will tell you how to reset the Linksys extender. There are two ways to reset the default settings of Linksys device-
- Web-browser method
- Using the reset button
Reset Using Web-browser Method
This method is only applicable if you remember the Linksys extender login password. You need to sign in to Linksys extender dashboard to restore the default settings of your device.
- Plug the Linksys extender into a power port and wait for the power light to get stable. Attach the Linksys repeater to the PC through an Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- Take out a web browser and go to the extender.linksys.com web page. You can also type the 192.168.1.1 IP address into the browser.
- Provide the admin name and passkey on the Linksys extender login page. Get access to the Linksys extender dashboard.
- Go to the ‘Administration’ tab. Next, open the ‘Factory Defaults’ option. Select the ‘Restore Factory defaults’ button.
- Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm the reset process. Your Linksys extender will start restoring the default setting.
- Wind up the process by removing the range extender from the power source for a minute. Plug the device back IN.
Reset using the reset button on the device
The second method to do the Linksys extender reset process is pressing the reset button. This method will help you if you don’t remember the Linksys extender login details and can’t access the Linksys extender setup page.
- You can locate the reset key on the back or side panel of the Linksys extender.
- You need a point or blunt object like a paper clip or pin to hold the button.
- Push the button for 8-10 seconds with that object.
- Release the button when the power and internet LEDs start to blink.
- Reboot your Linksys extender once the reset process is done.
Linksys extender reset process will bring back the default original settings. You should only do this process if you are experiencing the following scenarios:
- Experiencing intermittent connection
- Unable to access the Linksys extender setup page
- Not able to log into Linksys extender web-interface
- An Unsuccessful attempt to Linksys extender setup
After you complete the Linksys extender reset process, you will again need to sign in to the web-interface and make the configuration. This time you can use the default login credentials- Admin name and password.
Linksys extender default username – admin
Linksys extender default password – admin
Linksys extender login after the reset process
The following steps will help you log into the Linksys extender setup page after you successfully reset the default settings of the device. Carefully, go through the steps:
- Make a connection to the Linksys extender from any of your Wi-Fi-enabled devices wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.
- Open up an internet browser and look for its address bar. Type site name in it. If it is not responding, type 192.168.1.1 in the browser.
- On the Linksys extender login window, you need to put the default login details. Enter ‘admin’ in the username and password fields and click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Finally, you will get into Linksys extender dashboard and you will able to configure the network at your ease.
Linksys Extender Troubleshooting
This was all about the Linksys extender reset process. You can easily perform the reset process if you are getting internet connectivity issues. We have a professional team accessible to help you with any kind of issue with the Linksys extender. You can give them a callback on their toll-free number. Also, you can resolve your issues with a live chat window option.
From the above listed two methods, you come to know now that how to reset link extender and main reasons for resetting it.
Image courtesy: linksys.com