Generally, when people look for an agile certification, they may need a study guideline. Because without any guidelines, it is quite difficult for one to pass the PMI agile certification exam. When you want to sit for the agile certification exam, you must need to fulfill some requirements.
Also, there are some types of agile certification exams. Sometimes, you may get confused about what you should go for. Even in order to sit for the exam, you may need to go through an application process and some preparation.
In this writing, we are going to explore a basic study guide for PMI Agile certification exam. Keep reading the entire article to learn more.
What Does It Mean by the PMI Agile Certification?
First and foremost, the thing we need to understand what does PMI stands for. Basically, PMI refers to Project Management Institute. And project management institute offers the agile certification exam. If you want to acquire some skills in agile practice for your work, you can go for the PMI agile certification.
Through this exam, you will acquire some techniques and agile tools that will help you with the flexible approach. PMI agile certification will help you to get solid experiences with high creditability. This agile certification is well-known all over the globe.
If you work in the project management field, this can be a perfect choice. Nowadays, many business institutes require to recruit so many project management professionals. PMI agile certification is considered a global certification. So, it creates so many opportunities for the people.
PMI Agile Certification VS the Scrum Master
There are various kinds of differences between the PMI agile certification and the scrum master. Usually, Certified Scrum Master is also known as CSM in short. Both certification exam is very useful to have. But certified Scrum master is not a project management certification.
However, we have known that PMI agile certification requires some previous experience. On the other hand, a Certified Scrum Master certification does not require any evidence of your experience. Also, from the PMI agile certification, you can learn various types of approaches to agile.
Requirements for the PMI Exam
There are some prerequisites that you have to fulfill in order to be eligible for the PMI agile certification exam. Even if you already have any experience in the field of project management professional, you already fulfill the general requirement for your application.
But there are also other requirements that you have to meet. They are in the following:
- Education: You need a higher secondary school certificate or any diploma certificate that is equivalent to it.
- Experience of the basic project: You must have at least 12 months of practical experience in the same field.
- Experience of the agile project: After the basic or general project experience, you also need experience of the agile project. You must need the latest 8 months of practical experience in the same field. And this experience needs to earn within the last 3 years.
- Training: You need to focus on some agile practices in order to achieve the agile certification courses (i.e. best agile certification course in Singapore). There are some formal contract hours. You pick and choose from those.
You need to remember that you must have to fulfill all these above-mentioned requirements in order to be eligible for the PMI agile certification.
The Application Process for the PMI Agile Exam
The application process for the PMI agile certification exam is quite similar to the other certification exams. If you have ever applied for any PMI certification exam, you will find it very similar and easier. But you haven’t done it ever. Still, you shouldn’t be worried.
The application process is quite simple and straightforward. You can easily go to the PMI website and fill out the application form online. Before going through the application process, you need to make sure that you have fulfilled all the eligibility requirements.
If you can’t meet the perquisites, your application will be rejected eventually. If you have any requirements missing, try to cover those first. Then come back to the application process again. The application process is in the following:
- First of all, you have to create an account on the PMI websites online.
- Then you will have to submit the application form
- The PMI website will go through a review. If something is missing, you need to fill it out.
- After that, you need to make the payment.
- Then your application will go through a random selection
- Then most likely, your application will be granted
- And finally, you will be eligible for the test.
Study Guide for the PMI Agile Exam
If you are dedicated enough, you can study by yourself and can earn a good score. There are a bunch of people who do not even do any classes or training. But self-study courses help them to earn a good score. However, it is not easy to get a good result by self-study. But this is very easy and cost-efficient. Most importantly, you have to be confident and a hard worker.
Below are given some tips that will help you to study independently:
- Buy a practice guide (i.e. PMBOK guide) and practice as much as you can.
- Always try to cover all the topics of the guidebook
- You will find some online PMI agile certification courses. Try to go through it for your practice.
- You can download the agile podcast that will help you a lot
- Try to practice and cop up the allocated time
- Try to understand and comprehend all the following topics from the depth
- If you have any partners, then try to study in a group.
The Bottom Line:
If you want to go for the PMI agile certification exam, firstly, you need to prepare yourself. People get confused about whether they should go for it or they should take more time. Technically speaking, it is a very confusing question. But generally, if you have experience in the following field and feel that you are ready for it, you should go for the exam.
You need to fulfill some eligibility requirements in order to sit for the exam. Then again, if you follow the steps mentioned above and methods, it will be convenient and easier for you. Hopefully, this writing helped you to understand the basic study guide about PMI Agile Certification.