The mobile-driven world pushes each business to be mobile-friendly in everything they do. When it comes to mobile app development for any business, deciding on a technology platform contributes significantly. Along with native and web-based apps, hybrid mobile app development is also gaining reputation with its versatility across different stages.
Hybrid apps are a mixture of native and web technology where the core app is coded with web technologies. In this post, we will make you understand hybrid app development in detail.
Why opt for Hybrid Mobile App Development?
When it comes to native vs. Hybrid apps, the basic difference is Hybrid apps are not limited to any specific OS. It is written using the standard web tech such as HTML5, JS, CSS, and third-party products for efficient code wrapping and easy portability. It can also be used as a native app for different mobile OS such as iOS, Android, Windows, etc.
A web-based app coded using HTML5, JS, and CSS can be integrated with Cordova and PhoneGap products. Consider it as a single version of a mobile app with the same codebase that is accessible on all the app stores. It will also work similarly irrespective of the devices.
Cross-platform app development can be the cornerstone of your success because,
- It saves time and money because a single codebase is used for multiple OS.
- Frequent updates of the app are possible as there is no need to submit the new version of the app again and again.
- It delivers a user experience equivalent to native apps but without additional development efforts.
- Hybrid mobile apps provide high-speed performance and quicker loading time than websites and mobile web apps, even when there is a load of several users and content.
- It provides a lasting and flawless experience on the Web, Android, and iOS devices when it comes to designing UI/UX.
- Offline support of hybrid apps is quite essential for organizations that want to serve an extensive range of customers. It helps users to access some features and functionalities even when they do not have an internet connection.
- The process of adding extra features to hybrid apps is easy compared to native apps.
- Hybrid apps can easily be integrated with other apps without OS restrictions.
- There are high chances of maximum exposure to the target market as a single app can target both iOS and Android platforms that boosts the app’s reach.
Why consider Flutter for developing hybrid mobile apps?
Working with hybrid mobile app frameworks makes developers’ lives easy. Because they can code once and develop mobile apps that run on the major platforms without any additional efforts.
Different cross-platform mobile frameworks utilized by the experts such as Flutter, React Native, Cordova, Ionic, Xamarin, etc.
According to Statista’s 2021 developer survey, Flutter is the widely utilized hybrid mobile framework by developers globally.
Timing is essential when it comes to excelling in the leading-edge business environment. Being an open-source platform, Flutter enables developers to build highly efficient cross-platform apps. Flutter app development with its exceptional features has become the first choice in the tech domain.
Dart programming language & Flutter App Development
Flutter is a Google app framework that provides an open-source UI SDK with an imperative, object-oriented language to develop applications across various platforms. Google launched Flutter because they want to build a mobile app development framework that offers usability, comfort, and accessibility. The search engine behemoth leverages Dart programming language in the framework to achieve convenience and accessibility.
Another reason for the popularity of this duo is if it is needed Dart utilizes the Just In Time compilation. It significantly decreases the development time and responds quickly. Most of the Dart features are just like static and dynamic languages. It helps developers to acknowledge Dart functionalities easily.
When all these features are blended, it helps Flutter thoroughly. We can say that Flutter app development can not be simplified without Dart.
After determining the significance of the Dart programming language for Flutter, let’s identify the features of the Flutter framework.
Noteworthy features of Flutter for Hybrid Mobile App Development
Google’s Flutter has been rapidly leveraged by the developers who need to target Android and iOS users from the same codebase. Let us look at the features.
- Flutter is highly flexible by adding a library of scalable widgets.
- Flutter supports customized interface development with exclusive and engaging themes.
- The feature of “Hot Reload” enables access to wide-ranging widgets in addition to working in a dynamic interface.
- Flutter has a fully competent, portable GPU rendering UI that enables it to perform on multiple, modern interfaces.
- Developers can promptly integrate flutter to their app on the WebView component. So developers easily see the web content in the app. It also smooths app navigation.
- With Flutter, developers can also localize the app to cover a wider market.
- Flutter also supports an extensive range of integrated development environments (IDEs) such as,
- Visual Studio Code
- Android Studio
- Flutter is fully equipped with native ARM code to be more helpful for tech entrepreneurs and startups.
- The “Flutter Doctor” command facilitates developers to discover bugs in the app and correct them easily.
- Setting up and formatting pictures and online videos is easy with Flutter to make the app more appealing.
- 2D GPU-accelerated API makes the app animation more clear, more rapid, and more smooth.
- The developers can leverage the support of Google’s Firebase development platform.
Benefits for Flutter Hybrid Mobile App Development
- By going beyond the horizon of mobile apps, the Flutter framework embeds both desktop and web perfectly.
- Each design component observes and fully confirms design standards.
- Flutter enables a rapid app development process.
- As Flutter is a highly reactive framework, the developers can easily tweak the interface by just changing the variables.
- Developers can easily access native features and SDKs on both platforms and reuse them.
Google Flutter is a great platform for developing Hybrid mobile app development. The Dart programming language and its overall assistance for iOS and Android platforms make it highly feasible to build responsive mobile apps.
Google is also involved in a modular operating system Fuchsia, written in Flutter. This compatibility-based OS is expected to replace chrome and Android OS.
Give a try to Dart and Flutter if you want to develop an app that runs smoothly on all the platforms.