One way that QuickBooks makes your accounting tasks easier is that it allows you to sync all your bank transactions on one platform. To give you all the data in one place, QuickBooks will connect with the bank server to download your transactions. However, there are times when QuickBooks does not receive a valid response from the financial institution’s server and hence cannot connect. If this error occurs too often, you might want to call the QuickBooks contact number and speak to an expert to try and identify the source of the problem. This error, which appears as QuickBooks Error Code OL-222, is caused by one or more characters in the .QBO file. This blog will highlight some basic solutions to help you troubleshoot the problem.
Solution 1: Download a new FIDIR.txt file
The best way to fix QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 is to import the .qbo file once again. You can refer to the steps below to download and import a new file:
- Step 1: Press the Control key and select the version of QuickBooks you use.
- Step 2: Download QuickBooks for Mac and select ‘Download Linked File.
- Step 3: Save the file on the Desktop or some other convenient location.
- Step 4: Go to the top menu bar and select ‘Go’, then press ‘Applications.’
- Step 5: Press the Control key again then select QuickBooks 20XX.
- Step 6: Open the contextual menu and then select ‘Show Package Contents.’
- Step 7: Double-click the Contents folder and then open the Resources folder.
- Step 8: Look for the “FIDIR.txt” file and drag it to the Trash folder.
- Step 9: Empty the Trash folder and check if the old file is deleted.
- Step 10: Copy and Paste the new FIDIR.txt file that downloaded.
Once the file is successfully copied, you can import the .qbo file and then restart QuickBooks to check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks to the latest version
If you find that the error continues even after you imported the new FIDIR.txt file, then it is possible that there be an issue with the software. The fastest way to resolve the issue is to follow the steps below and update your software before you proceed:
- Step 1: Close the company files you are working on and exit QuickBooks.
- Step 2: Open the Windows Start menu and search for QuickBooks Desktop.
- Step 3: Right-click the icon and select the ‘Run as administrator’ option.
- Step 4: When the ‘No Company Open’ screen comes up, click ‘Help’ menu
- Step 5: Select Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Options tab.
- Step 6: Select Mark All and then press the Save option.
- Step 7: Open the ‘Update Now’ tab and select ‘Reset Update’
- Step 8: Select ‘Get Updates’ and wait for all the updates to be downloaded.
Once the updates are downloaded, you will need to close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop and then press ‘Yes’ to install the updates. When the installation is complete, you can reboot your computer and then check if QuickBooks Error Code OL-222 still appears. If the error continues, you will need to avail support quickbooks and ask for additional assistance. Qualified experts and software technicians will be available 24 hours a day to give you the best possible solution to any QuickBooks error you may encounter.